COVID-19 Update: Avera Race Goes Virtual
At Avera, our top priority is the well-being of our patients, staff and community. During this time of uncertainty, we are monitoring COVID-19 every day with a primary goal of keeping our communities safe and healthy. As stronger restrictions begin to be imposed, the Avera McKennan Foundation has come to the decision to change this year’s Avera Race Against Cancer to a completely virtual event.
Your support of the Virtual Avera Race is needed now more than ever. If you have already registered, THANK YOU for your support and understanding. If you have yet to sign up, we hope that you will do so. The tradition of the Avera Race cannot be diminished and we will continue to support local cancer patients and their families. Thanks to your dedication and loyal participation, the Virtual Avera Race will prevail and continue providing vital funds to support programs, therapies and staffing.
About the Virtual Avera Race
Although the Virtual Avera Race will no longer host a physical gathering of participants, survivors, volunteers and spectators on May 9, there are still unique opportunities paired with long-standing traditions that will make this year's virtual experience memorable and fun!
- Run/walk in registered race anytime and anywhere leading up to race day
- Receive an Avera Race backpack, shirt and other give-aways (packets available for pick-up at a yet-to-be-determined date AFTER May 9)
- Check out the Virtual Avera Race Facebook page for fun activities and opportunities to stay engaged
- Customize an Avera Race placard to show your support for loved ones touched by cancer
- Customize your Participant Center and share photos, recruit team members and fundraise
- Watch the race day warm-up live and create your own way to honor and uplift those in your life who have been impacted by cancer
- Be part of the FIRST virtual race in Avera Race history!
Let's Color This Town!
Have fun and show your support by hanging a colorful "Go Virtual!" Avera Race sign in your window. Simply download, print off and hang in a visible spot to show your dedication in Avera's mission to support local cancer patients and families while ensuring the safety of the community. Two versions are available: go full color or choose a customizable version (color the ribbon to raise awareness for a specific cancer OR have fun and create a coloring activity for your kids).
We look forward to your participation in the 32nd annual Virtual Avera Race Against Cancer and feel strongly that this year's virtual event will be a success and offer a unique experience with new opportunities and benefits to raise dollars and awareness. Please contact the Avera McKennan Foundation at 605-322-8900 with any questions.