Your Support Makes a Difference
The Avera Cancer Institute continues to enhance the lives of cancer patients and their families through generous support and participation in the Avera Race.
The 2017 Avera Race Against Breast Cancer marks its 29th year as Avera McKennan and the Avera Cancer Institute continue their ongoing commitment to providing all people with cancer in our community with the most advanced technology and compassionate care available in their fight. Proceeds from the Avera Race directly supports cancer survivors and their families to ensure they get the treatment and support needed.
What Your Gift Supports:
- All Women Count Program
- BRCA Genetic Testing - helps defray the cost of genetic testing if breast cancer runs in the family
- Cancer Support Groups
- Precision Oncology - personalized cancer treatment based on individual genomic profile
- Cancer Fitness Program – provided at the Avera McKennan Fitness Center
- Integrative Medicine – alternative therapies such as massage, arts in healing and aromatherapy
- Breast Patient Navigator - focuses on the navigation needs of patients prior to a diagnosis
- Avera Wig Salon
How YOU Make a Difference!
The support of our generous sponsors, participants, supporters and volunteers ensures the Avera Race Against Breast Cancer continues to make strides every year. Thank you to everyone for taking a stand in the war against breast cancer. Your gift provides hope and healing to those who need it most.