The Avera Race Against Breast Cancer would not be possible without the
commitment of volunteers. It's people like YOU who make the difference. Thank you for your help! Whether you
sign up individually or as a group, we have a volunteer spot for everyone!
Register HERE to volunteer at the race!
Before Signing Up
- Each volunteer must fill out a separate registration form to volunteer. Multiple volunteers can not sign up on the same form due to liability reasons.
- All Volunteers over the age of 14 will receive a long-sleeve, cotton t-shirt. We request that volunteers under the age of 14 be with a parent at all times for safety reasons and therefore those under the age of 14 will not receive a t-shirt.
- The volunteer spots you select on the sign up form are the spots you
will be assigned based upon availability.
Race Day Information
- To help identify you as a volunteer, please wear your volunteer t-shirt when you are working your assigned shift.
- The day of the race please dress according to the weather. We ask that you wear your t-shirts over your coat, jacket, etc., if possible. This helps race organizers identify volunteers and guides participants if they have questions or concerns.
- We encourage volunteers to take the shuttle buses, park in Lyons Park, behind the Four Hills shopping mall or residential areas.
- Please do not park in the Avera McKennan Fitness Center parking lot.
- For questions about volunteering for the Avera Race, please contact Jean Snyders, volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.