Race Day Schedule - Saturday, May 12
Let's Get Started!
- 6:00 am - Shuttle buses begin
- 7:00 am - Avera Race Expo and Survivor Pavilion opens
- 7:15 am - Survivor group photo
- 7:40 am - Song tribute to all Survivors
- 7:45 am - Warm up with Jackie Haggar-Tuschen
- 8:00 am - Race begins
- 10K race begins
- Breakfast buffet opens
- 8:15 am - 5K race begins
- 8:20 am - 1.5 and 3 mile walks begin
- Participants, volunteers, sponsors and Sideline Supporters are welcome to stay after the race and enjoy the Avera Race Expo and complimentary breakfast buffet. Note that the Survivor Pavilion is open to ALL cancer survivors and their families.
- Race results will be posted online after the race at AveraRaceSiouxFalls.org.
- Runner awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in both 5K and 10K races receive a gift card donated by the Great Outdoor Store.
Bring Your Family and Friends
Everyone can participate in the Avera Race Against Breast Cancer. The aerobic warm-up, fun walks, expo area and cool-down breakfast are all designed for family fun. (Please no dogs or rollerblades - we expect a large crowd and want everyone to be safe).